вторник, 12 октября 2010 г.

Fall depression

Probably it came to me as well. I don't know why. Everything seems to be fine, but when evening comes I actually start feeling sad.
Sometimes it comes ad goes. For example when I see pictures from India. Seriously, its like feeling that something essential is missing, like you know that there is that nirvana, that you are looking for and you can not reach it. I remember myself when I came from India. I could feel peace with myself. Maybe I was worried about some things that were happening at that time in my family, but I particularly can recall that state of mind, which I'm searching as a bliss now - PEACE. I had a peace with my dreams, with vision of myself, peace with life balance. Now I don't have it and its frustrating.
Every time when I think how much more I need to study I just freak out. Especially now, when I think about applying for PhD program. If I speak with someone around 30, which most of my friends here are (:)) they all recommend to do it, because most probably I will never come back to it. When I speak with friends of my age, they all recommend to go with Master's and get some decent job for gaining practical experience and gradually moving along career ladder. I think that both of this points have a positive benefit for me. As Jason said: At least PhD doesn't close any doors for you, but most probably open some. And I think that he has a point.
On the other hand I'm not sure whether I want to do science for the rest of my life. Because it seems that I will continue doing same thing that I'm doing right now just for bigger amount of money.
Working in pharmaceutical business seems to be at least more intense in terms of activities, meeting new people, being exposed to the world. I don't know, maybe my view is wrong, but at least that's how I see it.
Till the end of November I need to make my mind. Last-last time point is middle of December.

And I really-really miss Ukraine, my people, my friends, my family.....
Sometimes this feeling is so intense that I can feel physical pain.......
Sometimes I walk home from the lab and I can feel smell of Lviv. I know that I'm becoming psycho, but I don't care. And I know that I will not be able to go home until next May for sure.
So the only thing I can hope about is that some of my over-see friends will finally come to visit me!

But no matter what I'm still optimistic, because I know the reason why I came here and I will fulfill my goal, no matter how hard it is....

Комментариев нет: