пятница, 21 мая 2010 г.

Finally semester is over no more studying like hell, living in the library and completely no free time. Finally no more organic chemistry that is due to Monday and it means that whole Sunday is spend for memorizing new reactions that I will probably never use again, no more lectures at 8 am, when I'm halfway asleep and really trying to wake myself up with another sip of coffee. No more....
As well, no more crazy workload and complete absence of what to do in the evening. I felt really lonely last week, because I didn't know where to spend all my so called free time. This week it is better, I try to keep myself as busy as possible and also I try to get used to new lifestyle, when I just need to enjoy this way.
Last to last evening I went out to have dinner with friends, last night I've seen movie, see, I try my best :) BTW, if you plan to see Robin Hood, don't do it. Doesn't worth your money :) At least money spend for a ticket were not mine :)
So guys, if you have any ideas what else I can do in my free time I would be really thankful :)

Also, when I have too much free time I start to think too much :) Which is not my best habit :) I don't know why but I realized that I do not belong to this place. You know, it is some kind of tricky feeling when you walk through streets and I think that it is happening not with me, it is probably someone else. This feeling I had at the beginning of my staying in US. When I was coming to all this classes and labs I couldn't believe that it is me, Yuliya Mikhed, who is sitting here in the class, writing all this papers and taking notes, it is me, who has this great apartment in walking distance to UIC and so on and so force, I couldn't believe this at all. Later on, I realized that if I will be passive observer I might get into trouble, so I tried to be as attached as possible with that state of my mind. I think that introduction to this new environment finished after me coming back from Winter brake in Ukraine, when I actually started to miss a bit my life in US.
Right now I completely understand my role in all processes that I'm involved in, but still so many times I don't feel personal belonging to this place. I somehow don't feel emotional attachment, I don't know, maybe I need more time, maybe I need more friends or a boyfriend, to feel complete attachment? I don't know, this is still an open question.
What I know for sure is that this Summer I'm staying here and most probably up to New Year. Than I don't know, if I fell extreme homesickness, I will say big fuck off to all stuff here and I will go HOME at least for a month, if not than I will come HOME next Summer.

Комментариев нет: