четверг, 1 января 2009 г.

New Year, my manager, GRE, positive thoughts

OMG!!!!!!!
Today I came to the company at 1 pm, because I didn't want to come here earlier, because fucking shit! today is New Year and first thing that I'm usually doing this days I came to my manager and had a chat with him. He is such a cool guy! Guys, before meeting him I would never believe that Indian man can be sooooo nice! Really it is looking like a miracle here. So, we were discussing our New Year celebration and he told me that in Sector 17, that is considered to be main shopping, leisure and hanging out part of the Chandigarh, 6 foreigners were attacked, that police and commandos came there to rescue them. He also said that when in the morning he received his newspaper and seen that article first thing that he done is that he checked whether I was among those internationals. Isn't he sweet? Yes, he is more than that! He is all the time caring about me, how I will get home if it is late, how I'm going to spend weekend if I have nothing to do and other small things, for example how I'm adopting to the food or to the weather. I'm really glad that I have such a person in my office, that I can completely rely on! Thank you Suraj, for being here with me!

Usual activity that I'm doing after coming to the work is mail checking, and when I did it today I really regretted!Do you know why? Yes, fucking shit! I will have to retake GRE once again! I don't want to pass through this tortures any more! It is something I hate with all my soul!!!!!!!!! When I'm reminding myself last time when I was passing it, time of preparation and time of passing it I want to die and not experience that once again. But I know that I will have no other choice as to do that again, because IIE is considering my Verbal section to low. Yes, I know that it was fucking shit, I know that I have just 310 from possible 800. I know that I failed in that, but what I can do about that? People usually prepare for 1 year for that exam and I had just 3 weeks. I'm not sure that I will have more this time but I have one advantage, I already did it once. Still, I have to do a lot to get normal score, at least they are requiring 400 at Verbal part. At the same time I have some disadvantages at this time, I don't have my own computer here, it means that I can't work at home on some exercises or what ever that I could do, when I was in Lviv. At home I think that I will be able only to memorize words that are required there. Ok, I think that I can manage everything, if not I will ask someone to help me, the only thing is that I don't know whom I need to ask for that! But, I'm strong and I will survive!

Another thing that I wanted to share here are about my feelings.
Few minutes ago I was reading Ira Legka's blog and there she had a post about changing of mindset from being a tourist to being a resident of the country. When I was reading it, I could see myself there. At the moment that I'm in India and according to Ira's classification right now I'm a guest. I'm not getting lost that much on the streets, I know how to get to the main places that I'm usually going to. I know where I can have a lunch and where I can buy meat for dinner, I have a few people whom I can call to have a coffee with me or I'm receiving phone calls from them to go out. Yes, mostly they are the same interns as I'm. And it is only because of improper attitude of @cers to the interns here. I'm not stopping to tell them that they are working for quantity and not for quality and it is not the way it should be! They have right now 13 interns and they couldn't manage to make some activity for us for the New Year! I don't want to think a lot about it, because I'm getting angry all the time when I'm thinking about it, but I know for sure that reception of interns n my country is much better than here!
If I will pay attention to all that shit I will just loose my positive attitude to the internship,to my work and to some good people that are surrounding me.

Also for the duration of several days I'm talking in vkontakte with my groupmate - Roma. I was telling him that I had a feeling of going home. He wrote me message back that if I want to go home, that I need to do that, because there is no better country than Motherland, that my mum and my friends are waiting for me and I will be more happy if I will be home. When I read his message I thought: "No, my dear friend, I still have what to do in this country, what to learn and what to explore in India. And I know for sure that all difficulties that I'm facing here will make me more mature and stronger and that if I will come back to Ukraine now I will be a looser and I will lose my own believe in myself". Right now I know that I need to fight for myself and I know that I will successed :)

Комментариев нет: